Golden sweet corn quiche
This simple quiche has only a few ingredients, but works a treat and the turmeric gives it a gorgeous golden hue. Partner this with a crisp salad for lunch or wrap and pack it for a picnic. If you want to fancy it up a bit, you could add bacon, ham or even smoked chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Line a 23cm quiche or pie tin with the pastry sheets, trimming to fit neatly. Chill the pastry base until required.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and saute the onion and garlic over a medium-low heat for 5-8 minutes until tender and fragrant. Add the sweet corn and remove from the heat.
- Whisk together the cream, eggs, turmeric and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the base of the chilled pastry, then spoon the corn and onion mixture evenly over the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top and carefully transfer to the oven to bake for 40-45 minutes until golden, puffed and set in the centre.
- Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Slice and serve with a salad.