Smoked salmon, avocado and potato salad with lemon mayo
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tamara West
This is a quick, simple, tasty and healthy dinner that I throw together when time is short and I need something filling on the table quickly. It is full of healthy poly unsaturated and monounsaturated fats from the salmon and avocado. Add some fresh herbs like flat-leaf parsley, basil or coriander for extra freshness, if you like.
|350 g||Green beans, up to 400g, trimmed and halved|
|600 g||Waxy potatoes, up to 700g, such as jersey bennes|
|2||Avocados, firm, ripe and sliced|
|¼ cup||Mayonnaise, lemon flavoured|
|400 g||Hot-smoked salmon fillets, flaked|
- Halve any larger potatoes (so they are all roughly the same size). Place potatoes in a pot with 1 tsp salt and cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil and cook until just tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Place beans in a dish, pour over boiling water to cover and leave to stand for 2 minutes until bright green, then drain and refresh in iced water (so they retain their crunchiness).
- Drain potatoes and allow to cool to room temperature before lightly tossing with avocado, beans and lemon mayonnaise.
- Divide between plates and top with flakes of hot smoked salmon.
- Drizzle with any remaining lemon mayonnaise and grind over black pepper.
Combine good quality mayonnaise (I use Japanese Kewpie mayonnaise) with natural greek yoghurt and the lemon zest and juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.