( MAKES 8 small kebabs )
Photo by Tamara West
Sometimes it’s great to have a change from salad and this is a little more substantial and hot — the chargrilling adds a nice flavour as the vegetables and cheese caramelise. These beaut little vege kebabs provide great texture and the perfect nutritional solution for a well-balanced addition to your barbecue meal. Simple and superb if you’re doing some quick saussies or steaks.
|8 small||Gourmet potatoes, I used Perlas|
|2 small||Baby bok choy|
|200 g||Haloumi cheese|
Honey mustard dressing
- Boil potatoes in salted water until just cooked, drain and allow to cool.
- Pull apart bok choy leaves, wash thoroughly then cook in boiling salted water for 1 minute.
- Plunge into iced water and drain on paper towels. Slice into thick strips and roll up to form 8 scrolls.
- Slice haloumi into 8 thick rectangles. Cut top and bottom off capsicum, cut in half, remove seeds, then slice into 8 rectangles.
- Thread on to skewers, potato, haloumi, cherry tomato, capsicum and lastly bok choy scrolls.
- Lightly season with flaky sea salt, drizzle with a little olive oil and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until caramelised and piping hot.
- Serve with hot sweet honey mustard dressing, drizzled over the top.
- To make the dressing, whisk together mustard, honey, sugar, salt and vinegar. Slowly whisk in olive oil until well incorporated into a smooth sauce. Add chopped dill and mix well.