Spiced pork and peach satays with Greek yoghurt and mango chutney
( MAKES 8 small satays )
Photo by Tamara West
I’ve experimented with different combinations for this recipe but ended up using red-skinned gold-flesh peaches because I was testing it in the Vinnies kitchen and they feature on our dessert menu. They tasted delicious with the curry spice mix and pork. Look for slightly firmer peaches, they will be easier to handle and will hold their shape better when cooking. These can bemade on either short or long bamboo satay sticks; the smaller ones make for perfect pass-around party food.
- Cut pork into 2cm dice, marinate with spice, salt and oil for 10 minutes.
- Dice peaches to same size then thread alternately with marinated pork on to satay sticks.
- Cook on barbecue or under a hot grill for 2 minutes on each of the sides or until pork is fully cooked.
- Sprinkle with sliced fresh chives.
- Serve with a dipping sauce of Greek yoghurt topped with mango chutney.