Rare beef, cucumber, chilli and mint
Cool and light — this could be the perfect summer dinner
- Use a mandolin to cut the cucumber in very thin long ribbons.
- Place these in a large, wide mixing bowl and sprinkle with the vinegar.
- Set aside for 5-10 minutes to quickly pickle.
- Add the beef slices, chilli strips and mint leaves to the bowl.
- Season lightly with salt, then gently toss everything together to combine.
- Carefully arrange the salad across a large platter in a single, rumpled layer. Serve immediately.
Tip: This simple dish relies on the sherry vinegar for its success, but at a pinch you could try a decent white wine or cider vinegar.