Roasted sweet corn salad
Abundant garden produce. Roasting the corn intensifies its flavour. Serve this salad with barbecued meats or delicate, pan-seared fish.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a large tray or two with baking paper. Brush corncobs with a little oil and sprinkle with some of the seasoning. Arrange at one end of the tray.
- Toss the diced vegetables with the remaining oil and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Spread the veges over the tray and bake for 20-30 minutes, mixing once, until tender and fragrant.
- Rest the cobs for 5 minutes then slice off corn and add to the veges.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves, chickpeas and sprouts on a serving plate, and top with the warm roasted vegetables when ready.
- Serve with the herb mayo on the side.
- To make the herb mayonnaise, combine the mayo, sweet chilli and herbs, and season well with cracked pepper.