( SERVES 10 )
|8||Eggs, lightly beaten|
|100 ml||Rhubarb, juice, from fresh rhubarb that has been grated and squeezed through a cloth|
|1 cup||Blueberries, fresh|
|100 g||Roasted almonds, crushed|
|300 g||Frozen blueberries|
|¼ cup||White sugar|
Sweet shortcrust pastry
- Preheat the oven to 130C.
- Grease and line a 30cm tart tin with the sweet pastry and blind bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Beat the cream until soft peaks form. Add eggs, rhubarb juice, fresh berries and sugar, and mix until combined.
- Pour into pastry case and bake for 60 minutes or until just set – it should still be a little wobbly in the centre.
- While the tart is baking, puncture three holes in the coconut and drain the liquid.
- Roast the coconut over an open flame until well-coloured and beginning to crack.
- Allow to cool. Remove the shell using a large spoon. Break the flesh into pieces and grate finely.
- When the tart is cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Slice and serve topped with more blueberries, almonds, grated coconut and balsamic cream on the side.
- For the balsamic cream, whisk all the ingredients together until soft peaks form.
- For the sweet shortcrust pastry, blitz the flour, butter and sugar in a food processor until the mix resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add yolk and water. Process until the dough comes together. Turn out and knead until just smooth.
- Wrap in baking paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.