Balsamic roasted tomatoes
( SERVES 4 )
This is a great simple and tasty dish.
- Set the oven to 170 degC.
- Make a small cross in the top of each tomato.
- Place in a casserole so they fit snuggly. Sprinkle with garlic, basil and thyme.
- Halve spring onions lengthwise and cut into 4cm long lengths.
- Halve chilli lengthwise and seed. Weave spring onions and chilli between the tomatoes. Season well.
- Combine vinegar and brown sugar. Pour over tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until tomatoes are soft but still retain their shape.
- Serve with crusty bread as a starter, on pasta or as an accompaniment.