Lamb steak schnitzels
Photo by Tamara West
- Combine panko breadcrumbs, cornmeal flour, the zest of a lemon,chopped thyme, dried mixed herbs, ground cumin ground coriander, cinnamon, salt and ground black pepper.
- Trim excess fat and sinew from lamb steaks, place between sheets of plastic food wrap and lightly press out with a rolling pin.
- Beat eggs with cup buttermilk. Dip the steaks into the egg then coat them in the breadcrumb mix.
- Heat enough grape seed oil in a frying pan to shallow fry.
- Cook steaks until golden brown on each side, drain on paper towels and serve with lemon wedges.