Spice-rubbed beef steaks
Photo by Tamara West
- Trim the meat of excess fat and sinew, then cut into similar-sized steak portions.
- Make a spice rub by mixing together salt, garam masala, ground cumin five spice, chilli powder, cinnamon, ground black pepper, and the zest of a lime.
- Rub 2 Tbsp strawberry jam into the meat, then coat thoroughly with the spice rub.
- Leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Barbecue the steaks on a hot grill so they colour evenly on all sides.
- They will cook quickly so watch them. Rest and slice to serve.