Barbecue chicken steak
Photo by Tamara West
- With a sharp knife cut into the underside of skin-on chicken breasts to open them out into steaks.
- Mix together crushed garlic cloves, salt, ginger, red chilli, a handful of chopped coriander, the zest and juice of a lemon, some fresh black pepper and a glug of olive oil.
- Add chicken breasts (this quantity is enough to marinate 2-3) and leave to marinate in the fridge for 1-3 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place skin side down on a hot barbecue or grill. Cook until coloured and just firm,
- brushing on the remaining marinade as you go. Rest and slice to serve.