Butterflied lamb with BBQ Mushroom salad
Cooking butterfly-style ensures more even cooking and a richer flavour on the meat. Add just a splash of wine or water to your mushrooms to help them steam a little. Serve with a fresh salad and dinner is done!
- Combine the oil, garlic, chilli, paprika and half the fresh herbs.
- Massage half the mix into the lamb. Marinate for 30 minutes or overnight if you can.
- Preheat the BBQ, then toss the mushrooms with a few tablespoons of the flavoured oil and set aside.
- Sear the butterflied lamb on both sides over a medium-high heat.
- Reduce to low and cook the meat, covered with foil or the hood down, for another 15-20 minutes, depending on its thickness. Remove and cover in foil to rest.
- Cook the mushrooms for 5-10 minutes until coloured and tender. Top with pine nuts.
- Slice the rested meat and arrange on a platter with the mushrooms and drizzle with any leftover oil. Scatter with the remaining herbs.