Rosemary chicken parcels with fruity salsa
This classic combination is made BBQ savvy in parcels. The cream cheese melts almost instantly, while the sweet apricots with a touch of ginger works wonderfully with the crispy bacon. You can use chicken breast too.
|125 g||Cream cheese|
|6||Dried apricots, finely diced|
|1 tsp||Fresh ginger, grated|
|8||Boneless chicken thighs, skinless, opened up flat|
|8 sticks||Fresh rosemary|
|8 pieces||Streaky bacon|
- Combine the cream cheese, dried apricots and ginger, and mash together to form a paste.
- Lay the chicken thighs flat and place a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture inside each.
- Lay a piece of rosemary through the centre and roll up around the stick. Wrap each in streaky bacon to help secure chicken into a tidy bundle.
- Preheat the BBQ, spray the chicken with oil and cook over a low heat, turning occasionally, for 15-20 minutes.
- To make the salsa, finely dice the peaches, then combine in a bowl with the cucumber, red onion mustard, sweet chilli and lime juice and zest.
- Serve the rosemary chicken parcels with the salsa. You can also add with summer greens and new potatoes.