Best New York cheesecake
( SERVES 10 )
|145 g||Butter, melted|
|500 g||Cream cheese, traditional|
|1 tsp||Lemon, zest|
|2 cups||Biscuits, crushed round wine|
|1 cup||Sour cream|
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|1||Lemon, zest & juice|
|4||Large eggs, beaten|
- Preheat the oven to 165 degC.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crushed biscuits with the melted butter and zest.
- Line the bottom of a 23cm spring-form pan tin with the biscuit base, pressing down firmly using a glass.
- You could line the base of your tin with baking paper and also line the sides. Annabelle didn't, but it can make removing the cheesecake easier.
- Mix all the ingredients in a food processor until just smooth. Pour the mix into a spring-form pan and bake for 60-70 minutes.
- The cheesecake needs to be set but still have a slight "wobble" in the centre.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cake to cool down in the oven for about one hour to prevent the top from cracking.
- Chill the cake in the fridge overnight and dust the top with icing sugar.
- Topping: Smear the top of the cheesecake with the sour cream.
- Toss the berries in the passionfruit pulp and then pour all over the sour cream topping. If you have fresh passionfruit, scoop out the seeds and pulp from 6 and discard any white pith.
- Make a sugar syrup by boiling 1 cup of water with 1 cup of caster sugar with the zest of half a lemon until well-combined. Strain and cool.
- Add the pulp and store in the fridge for future use.