Boxing Day ham and ricotta bake
( SERVES 4 )
Ham and ricotta bake
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Drizzle the mushrooms with olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 10 minutes, then slice.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- In a large casserole dish, combine the pasta, béchamel (below), ham, ricotta and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with the pecorino and bake for 30 minutes. Serve with bread and salad mix.
- Drizzle with the oil, lemon juice and mustard.
- Over a medium heat, melt the butter in a saucepan until bubbling.
- Add the flour and stir. Allow to cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly until a smooth sauce is reached.
- Add the pecorino and mustard, and stir until totally combined.