Warm barbecued lamb and rocket salad
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|600 g||Leg of lamb, boned|
|1||Lemon, zest and juice|
|300 g||New potatoes, halved if large|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|½||Red onion, sliced|
|100 g||Cherry tomatoes, halved|
- Place the lamb, garlic, spices and lemon zest and juice into a bowl.
- Mix well and set aside for at least 2 hours or until ready to cook.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Into a baking dish place potatoes, paprika, cumin and oil.
- Toss to combine. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- Heat a barbecue to a medium heat. Cook the lamb for 15-20 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Depending on the thickness it may take a little longer. Rest the meat, covered, for 10 minutes.
- In a large serving bowl or platter place the onion, rocket and tomatoes and top with potatoes and sliced warm lamb. Add the dressing, toss and serve immediately.