Christmas ham with spiced cranberry glaze, broccoli and zucchini ribbon salad with pomegranate seeds
( SERVES 10 )
Ham is such a classic meat for Christmas, so bring new flavours to this traditional dish with a fruity glaze. I’ve used a champagne ham here – this means the large bone has been removed – for ease of carving.
|½||Ham, cooked on the bone, or champagne ham|
|1 cup||Cranberry sauce|
|¼ cup||Brandy, sherry or rum|
|1 tsp||Mixed spice|
|1 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Remove any thick skin from the ham and score the visible white fat layer, if any.
- Combine the cranberry sauce, brandy, mixed spice and brown sugar.
- Place the ham in a lined roasting pan and add the water to the base.
- Spoon over the glaze, patting it on in a thick layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the glaze is set and starting to caramelise. Transfer to a carving platter.
- For the salad, heat a large saucepan of hot water and blanch broccoli for 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini ribbons and cook for 1 minute, then drain well and toss with dressing.
- For the dressing, combine the oil, honey, zest and vinegar, and season well. Garnish the dish with pomegranate seeds.