Celebration summer salad
( SERVES 4 )
|250 g||Green beans, round|
|250 g||White rice, low GI 90-second|
|250 g||Cherry tomatoes|
|8||Basil leaves, up to 12|
|200 g||Feta, diced|
- Blanch in boiling water for about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain, refresh in ice-cold water. Drain and pat dry. Meanwhile, cook rice in the microwave. Cool.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes. Halve, stone and peel avocados. Cut into quarters.
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk lemon juice, sugar and garlic until the sugar is dissolved. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Serve drizzled over the salad.