( SERVES 40 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat an oven to 200C.
- In a small bowl mix the garlic, parmesan, oregano, chilli and oil. Season with salt and pepper and basil.
- Place the pastry sheets on a lightly floured bench. Shape each piece into a rectangle the same size.
- Brush both with egg. Spread one sheet with the cheese mixture right to the edges.
- Place the other sheet on top, egg against the cheese. Gently press the pastry together.
- Cut lengthways down the middle of the pastry. Now cut crossways in strips 1cm wide.
- Twist each strip and place on to two or three lined baking trays.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.