( SERVES 4 )
These prawns were huge. Ibnu used the same curry paste he used with the octopus.
|1 Tbsp||Shrimp paste|
|1 Tbsp||Palm sugar|
|1½ Tbsp||Soy sauce|
|1 to taste||Salt|
|1 to taste||White pepper|
|12||Prawns, large, split, de-veined and marinated|
- Heat 2 Tbsp vegetable oil in a wok and cook the shrimp paste over a medium heat.
- Add the curry paste and palm sugar and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lay out the prawns on a baking dish. Spoon the mixture above over the prawns.
- Barbecue the prawns (brushing with oil as they cook) or bake in a moderate oven until cooked. Serve with rice.