Whole fish curry
Photo by Grant Allen
|4||Red chillies, large, with the seeds left in|
|20||Garlic cloves, peeled|
|6||Nuts, candlenuts (or macadamia nuts)|
- Curry paste: Finely dice these ingredients and blend with a cup of water in a liquidiser until soupy.
- Curry: Heat 3 Tbsp oil in a pan big enough to hold the fish.
- Fry off the curry paste for a good 10 minutes over a medium heat, adding the lemongrass, star anise and turmeric along the way.
- Add the whole fish, coconut milk and water. Cook over a low heat until the fish is tender.
- Add the lime segments, mango and coriander. Season to taste with the salt and sugar.
- Serve on a large platter with plain rice.