Roast beef fillet with salsa verde
|1 cup||Coriander, packed, choppd|
|4 cloves||Crushed garlic|
|1 cup||Basil, packed, choppd|
|1 cup||Mint leaves, packed, choppd|
|¼ cup||Lime juice, up to 1/2 cup|
|3 Tbsp||Olive oil|
- Place the beef in a plastic bag with the wine, garlic and olive oil.
- Massage the marinade into the beef. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- To make the salsa verde, combine garlic, capers, herbs, lime juice and olive oil.
- Cover and keep cool until 15 minutes before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degC. Remove the beef from the marinade, pat dry and place in a small roasting pan.
- Brush with horseradish mustard. Roast for about 20-25 minutes, turning twice during cooking depending on the thickness of the meat.
- For medium-rare, the internal temperature should be about 60 degC.
Note: To test for doneness: Rare beef feels soft and spongy when you push it with your finger. Medium beef feels firmer and springs back. Well-done meat feels very firm.