Pulled smoked ham hock soup with white beans and vegetables
Soft, tender pork which just falls off the bone is a delight. This soup is full of fibre and flavours.
- Put the two ham hocks in a large pot and cover with cold water.
- Add the stock powder and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, skim the scum from the top of the pot, and continue to cook for 45 minutes until the meat softens.
- Add the carrots, courgettes, beans and lentils to the pot, return to the boil and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove the hocks, allow to cool a little and shred the meat (discarding the fat and skin) into 6 soup bowls.
- Roughly chop the spinach and add this to the soup pot, along with the mung bean sprouts.
- Season to taste, then ladle the soup over the meat in the bowls.
- Serve with the warmed or toasted sourdough bread.