Rolled pork with coriander crust
( SERVES 6 )
|1½ kgs||Pork belly, butterflied|
|400 g||Baby carrots|
|2||Red onions, quartered|
|2 Tbsp||Runny honey|
|1 handful||Coriander, roughly chopped|
|1 handful||Flat leaf (Italian) parsley, roughly chopped|
|1 handful||Dill, roughly chopped|
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Blitz all the stuffing ingredients, except the pineapple, until just combined.
- Add the pineapple and mix. Lay the stuffing over the butterflied pork, roll up and tie with butcher’s string.
- Put the meat into a roasting tray and pour ½ cup water around it. Cover with tinfoil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil, add the baby carrots and red onion to the tray and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Cook the remaining pineapple chunks on a hot barbecue or in a chargrill pan until coloured.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle honey over the meat.
- Roll the pork in the herb mix (coriander, parsley and dill) and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice the pork. Serve with the veges and pineapple, drizzled with the pistachio vinaigrette (below). A simple rocket salad would complement this dish.
- For the pistachio vinaigrette, crush the pistachios in a mortar and pestle.Add the lime juice, honey and oil, and mix well.