( SERVES 4 )
Scallops are a delicious treat on their own, but try them in this light salad to make a meal of a delicacy which too often is just a snack
- Put the capers into a large bowl with the orange zest, 2 tbsp oil and parsley.
- Season with freshly ground pepper and mix gently. Divide among four plates.
- Put the scallops in a dish, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss through remaining oil.
- Heat a frying pan, then fry the scallops over a high heat for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden and just cooked.
- Add the orange juice and wine and bubble for 30 seconds, then spoon the scallops onto the salad.
- Add the butter to the pan and swirl in the juices to melt.
- Drizzle over the scallops and serve immediately.