Potato nests with gravlax and an apple horseradish salad
Photo by Tamara West
Salad and dressing
|2 Tbsp||Horseradish sauce|
|1 Tbsp||Dijon mustard|
|1 Tbsp||Cider vinegar|
|3 Tbsp||Sour cream|
|1 sprinkle||Chilli powder, to season|
|1 bag||Rocket, or micro greens|
|1||Apple, shaved with the vegetable peeler|
|1 bunch||Chervil, fresh|
- To make the salad dressing, mix together horseradish sauce, Dijon mustard, cider vinegar and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper and a pinch of chilli powder.
- Peel and wash large agria potatoes (1 potato will make 2 nests) then using the peeler, peel them into fine strips.
- Dry thoroughly in a clean tea towel and place in a bowl. Mix through a good pour of truffle or olive oil and some salt and pepper.
- Form handfuls into nests on baking paper and roast in a hot oven until golden and crispy.
- Make a quick salad by mixing rocket or micro greens with shaved apple (use the peeler), fresh chervil and the horseradish dressing.
- To serve, top potato nests with slices of gravlax (or smoked salmon), and apple salad.
See Warren's other special breakfast recipes