Charred asparagus with almonds and olives
Photo by Tamara West
A tapas-inspired low key dinner.
- Place a heavy cast iron pan or griddle on a medium low flame and allow to preheat for at least 5 minutes.
- Smear about two teaspoons of olive oil across a big dinner plate and season with salt and pepper. Roll the asparagus and almonds in the oil until coated.
- Add asparagus to hot pan and cook for about 3-5 minutes, rolling it over occasionally, allowing asparagus to char a little, just until cooked through and slightly blistered. Make a pile of asparagus on each serving plate.
- Now add oily almonds to pan and cook for about 2 minutes, turning often. Scatter almonds over asparagus. Scatter olives and parsley leaves over asparagus.
- Crack more black pepper over each dish and add a lemon wedge to the side of the plate.