Dark chocolate, vanilla bean and roasted pecan fudge
If you are worried about fitting into your dress on New Year’s Eve, this is not the recipe for you! But it is if you want to share your love for homemade treats with teachers, neighbours, etc.
- In a large saucepan, combine the condensed milk, butter and sugar.
- Heat gently, stirring until the butter has melted.
- Increase the heat, then simmer and stir for about 5-8 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat, then stir in the vanilla, pecans and chocolate.
- Pour into a lined dish, about 18cm round or similar, and allow to cool and harden.
- Chill for up to 4 hours or overnight.
- Cut into pieces and wrap in baking paper, or portion into cupcake papers and cute bags.