Photo by Nick Allan
When I was buying whitebait a few weeks ago a woman waiting next to me gave me this recipe. I tried it and have to say this simple idea is brilliant.
- Fold the whitebait into the beaten egg white and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a 22cm pan. Once the butter starts to foam, pour in the mix.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and cook until the base is firm.
- Gently edge a spatula under the frittata and bravely turn it over. Continue to cook until set.
- Remove from the pan, drain on paper towel, cut into wedges and sprinkle with the chives.
- Serve with lemon wedges.