Prawn, salmon and scallop salad with avocado and papaya
( SERVES 8 )
Photo by Elizabeth Clarkson
- Combine the vinaigrette ingredients and set aside.
- Heat a little olive oil in a heavy pan and gently fry the prawns until they are opaque.
- Remove from the heat and reserve. Wipe out the pan, add more olive oil, then quickly sear the salmon and scallops over a high heat so their exterior is caramelised.
- Remove from the heat and reserve. Peel the avocados and papaya and cut into neat chunks.
- Peel the lemons with a knife to remove the pith, then cut into neat segments, removing all the membranes and pips.
- Arrange the washed and dried lettuce leaves on a large platter or individual plates.
- Gently toss the prawns, scallops and salmon together, then place on the lettuce. Scatter over the avocado and fruit segments.
- Sprinkle the vinaigrette over the salad, then garnish with chopped flat-leafed parsley and slices of spring onion.