Salmon with herb crust
( SERVES 8 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|1 cup||Panko breadcrumbs|
|1||Chilli, deseeded and chopped roughly|
|1 Tbsp||Ginger, grated|
|2 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
|1||Pepper, a few grinds|
|1 kg||Salmon, up to 1.5kg, side, pin bones removed|
|1||Lemon, fresh, or lime wedges|
|2||Spring onions, sliced|
|100 g||Vermicelli, softened|
|½||Red onion, sliced|
|¼ cup||Coriander, chopped|
|¼ cup||Sliced almonds, toasted|
- Set oven to 180C.
- Place the crumbs, rocket, coriander, chilli, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, and freshly ground pepper in a food processor and blitz until well combined.
- Place the salmon on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Top with the crumbs, patting them down so they will hold together.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- To prepare the noodles, place in a bowl with the onions, coriander, cucumber and nuts.
- Mix the dressing through.
- Serve alongside the salmon.