- For the chicken, preheat the oven to 180C.
- Put the chicken thighs in a large frying pan and cover with water. Add the salt.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and poach for about 8-10 minutes or until tender and the juices run clear. Drain and set aside.
- Toast the slices of wholemeal bread and cut into small cubes.
- Toss in the olive oil, then bake in the hot oven for about 4-5 minutes until crispy.
- Wash the iceberg and the cos lettuces, and drain. Lightly apply dressing to the leaves.
- Slice the chicken breasts, then begin to layer the leaves with the chicken and the shaved fresh parmesan in 3 large, clean jars with lids.
- Pour the remainder of the Caesar dressing evenly into the jars. Keep the croutons separate so they stay crisp, then add when it’s time to serve.
- For the Caesar dressing, place all the ingredients – except the olive oil – in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- With the motor still running, gradually add the olive oil until the mix is smooth and creamy.