Kumara rosti cakes with scallops and lemon cream
Normally rosti cakes would be fried, but I like to do them in the oven for an easy healthier option. You don’t have to use scallops – cooked prawns or crab meat would also work.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Combine the grated kumara, beaten eggs and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Place spoonfuls of kumara mixture into piles on baking paper-lined trays and flatten slightly.
- Spray generously with oil and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden
- Heat the oil and cumin seeds in a pan and sear scallops for 1-2 minutes each side until plump.
- Sprinkle with seasoning and set aside. Mash the cream cheese and lemon zest.
- Arrange rosti on a platter and add a dollop of lemon cream, top with a seared scallop and serve with chopped chives.