Pork satay balls with crushed chilli
These sticky little morsels are delicious when dipped in the fragrant crushed nuts and chilli. You could make them with chicken if you wish.
|500 g||Pork mince, fine|
|200 g||Sausage meat|
|1 tsp||Crushed garlic|
|1 tsp||Ginger, minced|
|1 tsp||Chinese five spice|
|2 Tbsp||Peanut butter|
|2 Tbsp||Oil, up to 3 Tbsp|
|¼ cup||Satay sauce|
|½ cup||Peanuts, finely chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Mint, or coriander, finely chopped|
|2||Red chillies, finely chopped|
|¼||Red onion, small, very finely diced|
- In a large bowl, combine mince, sausage meat, garlic, ginger, spice powder and peanut butter.
- Mix well and leave to marinate for 2-3 hours or longer if you can.
- Roll into balls and chill until cooking.
- Heat oil in a large pan and cook meatballs for 8-10 minutes until brown all over.
- Add satay sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes until sticky and caramelised.
- Combine peanuts, mint, chilli and red onion and mix well.
- Serve sticky pork balls on a platter with the nuts for dipping.