Goat’s cheese creme crostini with cranberry jelly
( SERVES 8 )
I love goats’ cheese, but it can be quite strong. I have toned it down with the addition of cream cheese and a squeeze of orange juice.
- Blend together the goats’ cheese, cream cheese and orange juice in a food processor, or whisk by hand until light and creamy. Cover and set aside.
- Warm ½ cup of the juice and stir in the gelatine until smooth and dissolved.
- Add remaining juice and pour mixture into a shallow glass dish. Chill for 3-4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cut the French bread into thin round slices and lay on a lined baking tray.
- Spray with oil and bake for 5-8 minutes until toasted. Cool and allow to harden.
- Spread the toasted crostini rounds with the goats’ cheese and top with Parma ham.
- Finish with a little square or spoonful of the pink jelly. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.