Frangipane puff tart
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Beat one of the eggs with a fork to make an eggwash.
- Brush this around the edge of one of the sheets of puff pastry.
- Cut a 5cm “frame” from the other sheet and lay this on top of the eggwashed sheet.
- Pinch the edges together and prick the centre of the pastry with a fork. Lay the pastry sheets on a baking paper-lined tray.
- In a food processor, blitz the butter, sugar, 2 eggs, almonds, flour and one of the punnets of strawberries.
- Spoon this mix into the centre of the pastry sheets.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In a small saucepan, put the balsamic and brown sugar and reduce over heat to about 3 Tbsp of thick liquid.
- Mix 1 Tbsp through the crème fraîche. Cut the second punnet of strawberries in half and mix these through the balsamic reduction.
- Spoon these over the tart along with the crème fraîche and garnish with mint leaves.