Rhubarb and chicken salad
Photo by Babiche Martens
|4 cups||Salad greens|
|1||Fennel bulb, sliced thinly|
|¼ cup||Chervil, fresh leaves, to garnish|
- Cut the rhubarb into 10cm pieces. With a potato peeler, peel into thin strips.
- Place strips in a colander and sprinkle over salt and sugar.
- Leave to sit for 10-15 minutes to extract juices and let flavour develop.
- Pat excess juice off, but there is no need to rinse.
- Heat barbecue to a medium heat and cook chicken breasts for 5-8 minutes each side or until cooked through. Allow to cool.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar and shake.
- To serve: Place salad greens on a platter and arrange chicken breasts, oranges, fennel and rhubarb on top.
- Sprinkle with dressing and toss. Garnish with chervil leaves and serve.