Christmas mincemeat drops
( SERVES 30 )
These little mouthfuls are a play on the jam drop. Grated apple will also moisten and add flavour to the mincemeat. Add 1-2 Tbsp of brandy to the mincemeat if you are using store bought.
For more recipes using fruit mince, go to our Christmas mince collection.
- Heat the oven to 170C.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the softened butter and icing sugar in a large bowl and, using a wooden spoon, beat until smooth.
- Sift in the flour and custard powder and mix to combine.
- Roll rounded teaspoon sized balls of the mixture and place on the baking trays, a little apart.
- Use the handle end of your wooden spoon to press into the centre of the ball, stopping just before it touches the bottom.
- Fill each centre with Christmas mincemeat.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until pale golden, rotating the trays halfway through baking.
- Cool drops on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container.
Tip: For a spicy biscuit add 1 tsp ground cinnamon to the drop mixture or ½ tsp cinnamon and ½ tsp mixed spice.