White and red Christmas
( MAKES 40 pieces )
This is my sister’s favourite treat to bring to our family Christmas. I have swapped out her glace cherries for freeze dried fruit and some glace clementines and lime peel.
- Line a 30cm x 20cm sponge roll tin with baking paper.
- Place all the ingredients except the vegetable shortening in a large bowl and mix well.
- Place vegetable shortening in a saucepan and melt over a low heat. Stir into the dry ingredients.
- Press mixture into the prepared tin, cover and refrigerate until set. Once set, cut into small squares.
- Keep white and red Christmas in an airtight container in the refrigerator, layering with baking paper as you fill the container.