Barbecued Venison Steaks with Blueberry Sauce
Photo by Chris Loufte
- Venison is a very lean meat. If you are going to barbecue it you need to make sure it is "lubricated".
- Marinate it in an oil-based mix with whatever herbs you choose.
- I brushed the steaks liberally with oil and laid fresh rosemary on the grill to perfume the cooking process
- I seared one side, turned it and then covered and rested the meat before serving.
- I then sliced the venison across the grain and dressed it with a simple reduction sauce, with the beef stock, blueberries and red wine vinegar.
- Cook this on the stove or in a pot on the barbecue until it has reached a spoonable thickness.
- Serve on a platter with the sauce drowning the succulent venison.