Easy peasy pommey pav
The difference between the pavlova and a meringue is the addition of cornflour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C with the rack in the centre of the oven.
- Draw a 23cm circle on a large piece of baking paper. Cut this out and put it on a tray.
- Clean and dry the beater and bowl of your mixer.
- Put the egg whites, sugar, vanilla, vinegar, cornflour, and finally the water into the bowl.
- Beat the mixture on high speed for 10-12 minutes until shiny and stiff.
- Spoon into your circle and spread it out evenly with a plastic spatula.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 150C and bake for 45 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and allow the pav to cool in the oven for at least 1 hour – preferably longer.
- Whip the cream to form soft peaks and stir in the pomegranate syrup.
- Spoon the cream mix onto the top of the pavlova and decorate with the fresh raspberries.