This recipe can be done in half an hour – and it’s really worth the effort. The relish is very basic, but with the hint of orange, it’s a real winner.
- Peel the beetroots and grate in your food processor. Don’t worry if your hands get stained, it washes off pretty quickly.
- Put the beetroot in a pot with the orange zest, brown sugar and vinegar.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer with the lid on for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, have a look. If there is a lot of liquid, take the lid off for the final 10 minutes of cooking to allow it to thicken up.
- Spoon into hot, sterilised jars and seal.