Stuffed chicken with parma ham
These stuffed chicken breasts couldn’t be easier to prepare. When I make them, I find it’s best to slice the breast and arrange it on the plates this way so you can see the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a large roasting dish with baking paper.
- Combine the chopped tomatoes, basil and mozzarella.
- Cut a pocket in the underside of each chicken breast and stuff it generously with the filling.
- Wrap each in a slice of Parma ham and tuck under to secure.
- Arrange the stuffed, wrapped chicken breasts on the baking paper.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until golden and feel firm when squeezed with the tongs.
- Rest for 8-10 minutes before slicing on the angle
Tip: You can serve a simple tomato sauce with the breasts or grilled vine-ripened tomatoes, but only add it for colour, as the Parma ham keeps the chicken juicy and tender.