Orzo with Pesto and Regal Wood Roasted Salmon
|400 g||Regal Wood Roasted Salmon, with mixed peppers and spices|
|1 to taste||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2½ cups||Chicken stock|
|1½ cups||Flat leaf (Italian) parsley|
|½ cup||Fresh mint, chopped|
|70 g||Pistachios, or pine nuts, lighly toasted|
|1 clove||Garlic, crushed|
|50 g||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1||Lemon, zest and juice of|
|250 g||Sundried tomatoes|
|2||Spring onions, thinly sliced|
|1 to taste||Salt and pepper|
- In a heavy-based saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, melt the butter and some olive oil over a medium heat.
- Add the orzo pasta and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Stir in the rice and stock and raise the heat to bring to a boil. Cover the pot and cook for 17-18 minutes, until tender.
- In a food processor, combine the parsley, mint, nuts, garlic, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Turn the processor on and stream in 4-5 tablespoons oil to make creamy consistency.
- Marinate the sundried tomatoes to taste and spring onions (can be done earlier) with about 1 tablespoon oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the pesto into the rice and orzo to combine.
- Break the Wood Roasted Salmon into pieces and serve on top of the pesto pilaf with the marinated sundried tomatoes.