One-cup wonder Christmas pudding
Photo by Doug Sherring
|½ cup||Dried cranberries|
|1 cup||Self raising flour, sifted|
|1 cup||Sugar, muscardo|
|1 cup||Panko breadcrumbs|
|1 tsp||Ground cinnamon|
|1 cup||Mixed nuts, chopped. We used cashews, almonds and pistachio|
|1 tsp||Orange, zest|
|1 tsp||Mixed spice|
|1||Large egg, lightly beaten|
|1 to grease||Butter|
- In a large mixing bowl, add the first 6 ingredients and the nuts with the spices and zest. Stir in the eggs and the milk.
- Pour this batter into a well-greased 1.5 litre pudding bowl. Cover with a buttered, pleated sheet of baking paper.
- Cover this with a pleated sheet of tin foil, tied securely around the bowl.
- Place the bowl on a trivet in a large pot. Fill the pot with boiling water to at least halfway up the bowl.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 2.5 hours.
- Check the water level every half an hour and top up if required.
- To serve, uncover the pudding and invert onto a serving plate.
- Decorate with some more chopped nuts and offer custard, cream or vanilla ice cream.