Wholemeal spaghetti with truffled mushroom, green peas and sunflower seeds
( SERVES 6 )
I made this recipe using wholemeal pasta for a point of difference. You don’t always have to use plain old white pasta – mix it up!
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Peel the mushrooms and lay them out on a baking tray with the garlic cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 12 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- Heat the frozen peas in some boiling water.
- Put the roasted garlic (skin removed), mushrooms and truffle oil in a food processor and blitz until combined.
- Add the peas and the grated parmesan to the mushroom mix, then stir this into the cooked spaghetti.
- Serve topped with sunflower seeds and shaved parmesan.