Creamy coconut rice pudding with poached strawberries and red grapes
( SERVES 4 )
The addition of yoghurt to this rice pudding takes away a bit of that sweetness and makes it a little more tart.
- Place the strawberries, grapes, cinnamon quill, cider and 1 tbsp brown sugar in a small saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, simmer for 3 minutes, then remove from heat. Set aside until serving.
- In a large saucepan, put the rice, coconut cream, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Cook over a low heat, stirring often, until the mix is thick and creamy.
- Add a little extra milk if necessary. When the rice is tender, add 3 Tbsp of plain unsweetened yoghurt and stir.
- Remove the vanilla pod and put the mix into an enamel dish or baking tray.
- Sprinkle over the remainder of the brown sugar and put under a hot grill until the top starts to caramelise.
- Serve with the poached fruit and extra plain yoghurt if desired.