Summer cocktail of prawns
Photo by Tamara West
|½||Lemon, cut into thick slices|
|16||Prawn tails, peeled and de-veined|
|1||Lettuce, I used gem|
|1 splash||Olive oil|
- Freshly ground white pepper
- In a pot, bring to the boil 1 litre of water with onion and lemon.
- Add prawns and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the pot, allow to cool then store covered in the fridge.
- Place all the dressing ingredients intoa food processor and blend until smooth.
- Slice lettuce into thin strips and arrange in the base of 4 serving dishes or glasses.
- Place the avocado and cucumber in a small bowl and gently mix with a little olive oil and salt, spoon mix on top of salad leaves.
- Toss the prawns with 1 Tbsp of cocktail sauce and a little extra salt to taste.
- Arrange these on top then drizzle over a generous serve of cocktail sauce.
- Serve with lemon wedges.