Asian-style tuna omelette
( SERVES 2 )
Photo by Tamara West
|1 Tbsp||Fresh coriander|
|½ Tbsp||Light soy sauce|
|1 tsp||Fish sauce|
|1 Tbsp||Vegetable oil|
|1||Spring onion, finely sliced|
|1||Red chilli, small, deseeded and finely sliced|
|180 g||Canned tuna, drained|
|½ cup||Mung bean sprouts|
|1 splash||Toasted sesame oil|
|1||Lime, cut into wedges|
- In a bowl, combine eggs, coriander leaves, soy sauce, fish sauce and water. Whisk lightly with a fork.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan over a high heat and add the egg mixture.
- Cook for 30 seconds, scraping the edges to the middle of the frying pan.
- Lower the heat, add spring onion and chilli and cook for 1-2 minutes until the omelette is almost set, then slide onto a serving plate.
- Top with tuna, baby mung bean sprouts, fried shallots and drizzle over a little toasted sesame oil.
- Serve with lime wedges.