Smoked chicken and sweetcorn baked potatoes
Stuffed spuds are a cheap eat that has stood the test of time.
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Spray the potatoes with oil and rub all over with salt.
- Place on a shallow tray and pierce 2-3 times with a sharp knife.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the potato is tender. Leave for 5 minutes until cool enough to handle.
- Cut each potato in half horizontally and scoop out most of the flesh into a bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium frying pan and saute the onion for 2-3 minutes until tender, then add corn, chicken, milk and cornflour.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until the mixture is thick and creamy. Stir in the mashed potato flesh and half the cheese.
- Spoon the sweetcorn mixture back into the potato skin shells.
- Top with the remaining cheese and bake for a further 10-15 minutes until golden and the cheese is bubbling.
- Serve topped with sour cream, avocado dices and drizzle with sweet chilli sauce.
Tip: Instead of chicken and corn, why not use a can of tuna and top the potato with tomatoes and basil or mix smoked fresh fish and baby spinach through the potato mixture?